Senior Scientist – Advanced Chemistry & Formulation
Do you have a strong experience and knowledge in chemistry? Are you excited by a role where you will work collaboratively in a science-driven context to develop and produce sports fuels for elite athletes? Join our team in Gothenburg to be part of the discovery of innovative and more efficient ways to improve performance in endurance sports.
About the role
As a Senior Scientist in Advanced Chemistry and Formulation, you will have a key role in the development and production of innovative products with a global impact in endurance sports. We are looking for a highly analytical, creative, systematic and adaptable person who is driven and curious.
What you will do
- Develop formulations of sports nutrition products. Identify and investigate food ingredients suitable for new and existing products.
- Support industrialization of new products by applying your skills in chemistry. Design product control methods as needed for quality assurance.
- Work closely together in research projects with colleagues within nutrition and sports performance.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and external parties including universities and research institutes.
- Contribute to patent applications.
- PhD degree or equivalent in natural or life sciences. Proven track record of conducting laboratory based research and reporting in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Solid knowledge and skills in analytical chemistry
- Knowledge in several of the areas of physics, statistics, food chemistry, nutrition, human physiology, metabolism and pharmacokinetics, microbiology and industrial food processing is desirable. Experience in nutrition product formulation and development will be of advantage.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment.
What We offer:
- An exciting opportunity to work in a science- and research-driven company with innovative products
- A dynamic and international work environment
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Competitive salary and benefits
This recruitment is managed by our recruitment partner, Moveup Consulting AB.
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
If you have questions regarding Maurten or this open position, please contact Fredrick Asare at 0733-440900
By submitting your application, you also give your consent to storing your personal information, including CV & Cover letter, and that we own the right to share this information with third parties (our client). You can withdraw the consent at any time.
About Maurten AB
Maurten is a science- and research-driven company with the aim to provide products which make a difference for athletes in training and competition. We work closely together with national and world elite athletes to understand athletes’ needs.
We combine in-house research with testing in the field and in academic laboratories to develop and evaluate new products. For the development of novel nutrition products, a cornerstone has been our hydrogel technology for achieving high gut tolerability, allowing for high intake of carbohydrates and other supplements in conjunction with intense exercise. First introduced in marathon running, Maurten’s products now have gained wide recognition in endurance sports such as running, cycling, triathlon, with a potential to expand into other sports. As Maurten grows rapidly, we need to grow our team with colleagues that share our passion for sports and innovation.
The company looks for people who can grow, think, create and dream. Join us in upholding a culture of integrity, teamwork, and community.