Electronics & Software developer
Are you looking for a great career and want to make your mark? Please keep on reading but don’t just take our word for it. We’ve interviewed colleagues around the world about their jobs, the Mölnlycke unique culture and Mölnlycke people and it is simply A great company to work for! Could you help improve healthcare outcomes around the world? If the answer is yes, you think just like us and should apply for this exciting opportunity that we have below.
We are looking for two electronics & software developers. These are key developer positions as we continue our journey towards new innovative solutions in the area of wound care. You will be part of a team supporting our new project initiatives and maintaining our current product portfolio. The hardware and software design team is a small team of talented engineers, where you will be able to grow and work across the full spectrum of the hardware and software design in our embedded products, in different projects and activities.
To fit this position, you probably have worked as a developer for at least three years in different projects, companies or for different customers. You have knowledge and experience of both software and electronics design, but depending on your expertise you will work primarily with software or hardware.
You have worked with products that require high quality, control, and design precision, in the medical device industry or another industry where high safety is required. This includes working in a process driven environment where activities such as FMEA/risk management, requirement management, verification and method validation are of importance. You can read and understand technical IEC standards and you have probably worked towards IEC 60601 and/or IEC 62304 or similar standards.
If your expertise is within electronics, the position may include ownership of the electronics design during development and life cycle management, including contact with external manufacturing sites and suppliers. If your excellence is within software, you will primarily be responsible for the development and maintenance of software according to the medical device requirements.
You appreciate working in a small team across disciplines, taking initiatives, and maintaining contact with several different stakeholders and parts of the organization.
- Be part of teams developing new embedded systems or SW stand-alone solutions
- Be a part of teams managing our existing portfolio related to activities within electronics and/or software development
- Perform evaluations and investigations of embedded SW and/or electronics design solutions to build knowledge, gain competitor insights, investigate complaints or evaluate M&A opportunities
- Participate in continuous improvement of processes and methods related to electronics and software at Mölnlycke
- Where possible, generate Intellectual Property together with the team and our IP department
Capabilities, Qualifications & Experience:
- Academic background in engineering (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree) preferably within the field of electronics and/or computer science
- More than 3 years’ experience as developer
- Experience in development of embedded devices
- Hands on experience of software C programming and/or electronics design including analogue and digital circuits
- Hands on experience of software testing (unit- and integration-level testing, automated testing and static code analysis) and/or electronics testing in lab environment using engineering measurement techniques
- Knowledge of design for manufacturability, production test and preferably experience of working with contract manufacturing
- Interest or experience in design of low power applications and battery operated devices.
- Experience from development according to medical device industry standards IEC 60601 or IEC 62304, or similar safety standards.
- Communication skills, fluent in English.
How to become part of us?
This recruitment is handled together with our recruitment partner, Technogarden.
To apply: https://technogarden.teamtailor.com/jobs/1568304-c-programmerare-till-molnlycke-healthcare/applications/new
We are screening applications continuously.
By submitting your application, you also consent to us storing your personal data, including CV & cover letter and that we have the right to share this information with third parties (our client). You can revoke the consent whenever you want.
Mölnlycke is a world-leading medical solutions company. We design and supply solutions to enhance performance at every point of care – from the hospital to the home.
We specialise in:
- Wound management: including dressings with Safetac® such as Mepitel® and Mepilex®
- Preventing pressure ulcers: with Mepilex® Border used prophylactically and devices to help turn and re-position patients
- Surgical solutions: including Mölnlycke trays, HiBi® antiseptics and Biogel® surgical gloves
Mölnlycke was founded in 1849. Nowadays our solutions are available in around 100 countries; we’re the number one global provider of advanced wound care and single-use surgical products; and we’re Europe’s largest provider of customised trays. Our headquarters are in Gothenburg, Sweden and we have about 7,800 employees around the world.