We now have an open position for a Sensor Manager at Biolin Scientific head office in Gothenburg. This broad and technical challenging role will include sensor development, manage, and secure in-house sensor production processes accompanied with timely deliveries as well as quality and efficiency requirements. This position will include worldwide customer visits as Biolin Scientific sensor expert representative. This is a great opportunity to join a market leading innovative company with goals that help develop better solutions for energy and materials at the frontiers of surface science technology.
The responsibility will include tasks as:
- Manage and lead the sensor production team and taking part in manufacturing as necessary
- Continuously develop surface materials, product and process quality, manufacturability and efficiency including suppliers
- Develop and manufacture sensors with tailored coating as requested by customer, taking active part in developing new surfaces
- Be proactive and responsive to distribution partner’s and customer’s needs
- Communicate both externally and internally about sensor related technical topics and customer issues and provide excellent technical support
- Follow market trends and needs to be a step ahead developing new surfaces
- Responsible for keeping production and development environment, equipment etc. in a clean and good condition
- Take active part in other sensor related activities, as separately agreed
- Introduce new techniques if appropriate, for thin film deposition
Qualifications and experience
Applicants must hold minimum a master’s degree preferably in Surface Science or similar. Knowledge and/or well oriented and experienced in thin film deposition technology and in-depth knowledge of RF sputtering as well as familiar with interpretation of analytical readout of deposited material (such as XPS, AFM, TOF-Sims) is preferably. Additionally, you need to be well familiar with crystal growth and thin material build up using a variety of targets.
Some years’ experience in an industrial setting is considered as an advantage.
You have good drive to operate organized and effectively with excellent team working skills and have the ability to communicate technical results concisely. Microsoft Office skills and knowledge at a moderate to high level. Experience of working under a quality system and familiar with a production planning system (Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)) is considered as a merit.
The position requires fluent verbal and written English. And perhaps most importantly, good motivation for work. The work is very self-contained, you need to have a good drive, but you are also closely involved in the many functions in Biolin.
We are looking forward to receiving your application. For more information about Biolin, the role and to apply, please contact recruitment consultant Karin Tomin at +46(0)733440900 / firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
By submitting your application you also give your consent to storing your personal information, including CV & Cover letter, and that we own the right to share this information with third parties (our client). You can withdraw the consent at any time.
Biolin Scientific is a leading analytical instrumentation company with roots in Sweden and Finland. Its customers include companies working with life science, energy, chemicals, and advanced materials development, as well as academic and governmental research institutes. Biolin Scientific is focusing on working together with customers and distributor partners, building long-standing relations with a commitment to customer service and application support.