Senior Product Safety Expert
Do you want to be part of making everyday life easier for people around the world? Without seeing it, you meet us every day in your everyday life. We are in your soles, in your mobile and in the newspaper you read. With a common commitment to innovation, sustainability and safety, our employees work daily for a sustainable future.
Nouryon are now looking for a Senior Product Safety Expert to our team in Gothenburg. In this role you will lead and coordinate global activities around substance and product data systems and processes for mainly hazard communication (SDS, labels) for Nouryon. You will also support business goals by providing (proactive) classification and labelling advice and information to internal/external customers and other parties. You will be reporting to the Global Product Safety Manager and you will be based in Gothenburg.
- Global responsibility for supporting the business on product safety related documents such as Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and labels for Nouryon’s businesses to ensure regulatory compliance
- Responsible for managing completeness and quality of physical, chemical and toxicological data and assessment for classification of active portfolio products
- Responsible for compiling product safety relevant documents (such as MSDS, labels and transport documents) for assigned business or product line
- Assists in managing substance and raw material portfolios in collaboration with business positions. Objective is to ensure compliance and possibility for Nouryon to remain in the market
- Responsible for coordinating the product safety support given to the designated business in terms of documents and information, effectively acting as the focal point for issue handling and communication
- Master of Science in chemistry, chemical engineering or related field
- Extensive experience from the chemical industry and relevant field
- Broad background in chemical regulations, hazard communication and product stewardship
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Expert knowledge and network in SAP EH&S or equivalent system
To be successful in this position, we believe you have the ability to build successful and long-term relationships and strong communication skills due to the large number of collaboration partners, both internal and external. Further, we believe you have the ability to drive changes and you are confident in your own expertise and deliver results while maintaining a high quality in your work. You also possess the ability to work efficiently and you know how to prioritize in your daily work.
Why join Nouryon?
Are you passionate about sustainability, innovation, safety, and collaboration? Do you want to grow together with a company that is forward-looking and continuously improving how they work? Our employees have ideas on how to build a sustainable future and the drive and passion to realize them. They believe that building long-term relationships and integrity are keys to success. If that describes you, we will gladly make way for your ambitions. We offer you countless career opportunities. From day one we support you with your personal growth, through challenging positions and comprehensive learning and development opportunities, in a dynamic, international, diverse, and proactive working environment.
This recruitment is handled by our recruitment partner, Moveup Consulting AB. If you have questions regarding Nouryon or this open position, please contact Tom Bergqvist at 0733-87 27 22. To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By submitting your application, you also consent to us storing your personal data, including CV & cover letter and that we have the right to share this information with third parties (our client). You can revoke the consent whenever you want.
Nouryon is a global, specialty chemicals leader. Markets and consumers worldwide rely on our essential solutions to manufacture everyday products, such as personal care, cleaning goods, paints and coatings, agriculture and food, pharmaceuticals, and building products. Furthermore, the dedication of more than 7,650 employees with a shared commitment to our customers, business growth, safety, sustainability and innovation has resulted in a consistently strong financial performance. We operate in over 80 countries around the world with a portfolio of industry-leading brands. Visit us at https://www.nouryon.com/