Medical Science Liaison
Worldwide, more than 2 billion people live with iron deficiency anemia and more than 1 billion people die annually from it. Anemia, making it one of the largest global health challenges of our time.
At Pharmacosmos, we want to change the way iron deficiency is prevented and treated in humans and animals.
We are inspired by one central question: How can we continue to improve patient safety, recovery and convenience and thereby achieve better outcomes? We seek the answer by staying at the scientific forefront of iron and carbohydrate technology – partnering with dedicated people and leading organisation to deliver the best possible treatments for human and veterinary use. In this way, we improve more than iron complexes and carbohydrates, we improve the quality of lives.
Pharmacosmos is an independent, family-owned, fully integrated pharmaceutical company focusing on the iron deficiency and anemia. The company was founded 1965 in Denmark, with headquarters and production facilities located about 60 km from Copenhagen. Pharmacosmos employs more than 450 employees in Denmark and subsidiaries in the UK, Scandinavia, Germany, the US and China.
About the MSL position
At Pharmacosmos we are specialists in iron therapy. We develop, manufacture and market medicine for the treatment of iron deficiency (ID) and iron deficiency anemia (IDA). We are now looking for a Medical Science Liaison who wants to be part of our journey.
The MSL position in Sweden is part of the Nordic Medical Affairs Department that consists of Medical Science Liaisons working in Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden as well as part of the Swedish Team consisting of Key Account Managers and Anemia Nurse Advisors. The MSLs in Sweden are headed by the Country Manager. The team in Sweden is successful and the collegial cooperation is an important part of the daily work.
The MSL will be responsible for field-based medical affairs activities in Sweden across specific therapeutic areas surgery, obstetrics and gynecology. Target groups are physicians and key opinion leaders in Sweden.
- Manage KOL’s, including mapping and development of these in relevant disease areas
- Develop into a trusted medical peer with up-to-date medical and scientific expert knowledge around ID treatment to establish value-adding partnerships
- Build/maintain value-creating relations with and support strategic stakeholders
- Initiate and manage expert- and scientific meetings, round table meetings and advisory boards
- Attend international scientific meetings and congresses
- Work with national and regional medical committees and recommendation lists
- Provide medical and scientific support to local clinical trials
- Provide medical information services, including literature surveillance
- Work closely with Key Account Managers, Anemia Nurse Advisors, Medical Manager and the other MSLs in Sweden
- Work strategically with the Medical Manager and other MSLs in the Nordics
- Work with medical projects in teams, both locally in Sweden and across the Nordic region
- Provide medical and scientific support and training internally and externally
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Medical Plan for Sweden across defined therapeutic areas
- Sc. in medicine, pharmacy or other relevant discipline in natural sciences
- At least two years of experience from a medical affairs position, science driven role or similar within the pharmaceutical industry with a commercial mind-set
- Willingness to travel
- Fluency in English and Swedish
- Driver’s licence
- You are used to structure your work, take initiatives and drive for results independently
- At the same time, you enjoy working in a team to share experience and support each other
- You have a customer-centric “can do” attitude, that develops the relationships into a trusted advisor partnership
- You communicate in a clear way and have a strategic thinking as well as a commercial mind-set
This recruitment is handled by our recruitment partner, Moveup Consulting AB. To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions regarding Pharmacosmos or this open position, please contact Richard +46 733 87 27 21.
We are screening applications continuously.
By submitting your application, you also consent to us storing your personal data, including CV & cover letter and that we have the right to share this information with third parties (our client). You can revoke the consent whenever you want.
Pharmacosmos is an independent, family-owned, fully integrated pharmaceutical company focusing on the iron deficiency and anaemia. The company was founded 1965 in Denmark, with headquarters and production facilities located about 60 km from Copenhagen. Pharmacosmos employs more than 450 employees in Denmark and subsidiaries in the UK, Scandinavia, Germany, the US and China.