Medical Director Neuroscience – HQ position
This is a unique opportunity to be a major contributor to the success of a dynamic biopharmaceutical company. Camurus is now establishing a new position as Medical Director Neuroscience, with global medical affairs responsibility and a team lead function for the Medical Affairs department within this therapeutic area.
The Medical Director is responsible for ensuring appropriate strategic and functional medical support to products on the market in the therapeutic area in liaison with other medical functions in the company. The person ensures the medical content and correctness in marketing and post-approval development activities of products after appropriate medical review and benefit-risk assessment.
- Responsibility for leading the medical affairs team in the neuroscience therapeutic area
- Medical responsibility including continuous medical review and benefit-risk assessment together with the Chief Medical Officer of the company for Camurus products on the market in the therapeutic area
- Medical compliance approval of global product related materials and activities
- Represent the medical function in relevant cross-function committees and project teams internally including the commercial leadership team for Buvidal
- Represent the medical function externally and identify and coordinate contacts with key external experts (KEEs) and medical and scientific stakeholders
- Medical responsibility for Camurus sponsored Phase IV studies
- Provide medical support to corporate and business development activities in evaluations and due diligence in liaison with other medical functions within the company
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of compliance (i.e. EFPIA code and applicable laws and regulations) and global drug development regulations, good clinical practice guidelines (i.e. GCP, ICH)
- Contribute to global oversight with respect to medical knowledge/state of the art/guidelines/scientific developments, including analysis of competitive drugs, within the therapeutic area
- Educational background as PhD and/or MD
- Medical affairs experience from the pharmaceutical industry, at least 3 years
- Experience from people management, in the industry or from a clinical/academic position
- Excellent skills in English, orally and written
- Medical Doctor / Physician with a PhD
- Good knowledge and experience of clinical research
- Medical expertise in the addiction area
- Excellent people management and coaching skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Track-record of achieving outstanding results
- Open to work in an entrepreneurial and growing organization, where ownership, collaboration and own drive is of greatest importance
- Hands-on approach as well as strategic capability
To know more about Camurus and this open position, contact Daniel Kremer at Moveup Consulting AB, 0733 – 87 27 24.
To apply, send your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
By submitting your application, you also consent to us storing your personal data, including CV & cover letter and that we have the right to share this information with third parties (our client). You can revoke the consent whenever you want.
Camurus is a Swedish research-based pharmaceutical company committed to developing and commercializing innovative and long-acting medicines for the treatment of severe and chronic conditions, including opioid dependence, pain, cancer and endocrine disorders. New drug products are based on our proprietary FluidCrystal ® drug delivery technologies with the purpose to deliver improved quality of life, treatment outcomes and resource utilization. The company’s share is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm under the ticker “CAMX”. For more information, visit camurus.com.