Data Analyst & Master Data Specialist
We are now recruiting a Master Data Specialist who will be responsible for executing Master Data cleanse within SAP and New Product Introduction (NPI).
The Master Data Specialist performs a variety of functions in accordance with Abbott’s Master Data Governance policies and procedures in alignment with MDR & IVDR Regulations. Primary responsibility is to coordinate the collection, maintenance, accuracy, stewardship, semantic consistency and accountability of the enterprise’s official shared Master Data assets including customers, suppliers, products and Pricing in the core business systems. The Masterdata Specialist works with analysts, internal departments and commercial business units to resolve data issues and carries out Mass data system updates as necessary in line with defined data standards.
The role will be a very challenging one – the knowledge of the business gained will be substantial placing this person in a very flexible position within the organisation.
Your key responsibilities
- Assume responsibility for accuracy of all customer, vendor, pricing and product data in core systems, this includes an entire Nordics Masterdata cleanse to ensure accurate data is captured.
- Manage a smooth workflow of data from various sources and gathering this information in the correct format in line with defined SOPs.
- Implement defined Abbott Data Standards and work instructions and updated where applicable in accordance with MDR and IVDR Regulations.
- Adhere to NPI Process in accordance with MDR/IVDR regulations.
- Work with internal departments and local users on any Master Data related projects to ensure progressive development and accuracy of data.
- Liaise with Abbott and global Leadership teams to ensure that work is neither overlooked nor duplicated by related projects (mainly cross-BU new product introduction projects and/or other projects as assigned).
- Engage with Implementation partner or service partner as required.
- Support regular data audits to identify any discrepancies and inconsistencies.
- Review and update the existing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to ensure their accuracy in reflecting the day-to-day business and ensure they are aligned to MDR/IVDR requirements.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within a similar role and ideally have systems administration experience, on an ERP system such as (SAP) is a distinct advantage.
- Excellent analytical/ problem solving skills.
- Knowledge in data quality improvement.
- Excellent Communication skills with ability to communicate standards to other staff members and internal customers.
- Previous experience working within regulated environment is desirable.
- Experience of working with international stakeholders is essential.
- Fluency in Swedish and really good understanding of Norwegian language- both written and spoken.
- Fluency in business English, both verbal and written.
- Excellent admin- and IT skills and demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and PowerBI (building reports).
- Demonstrated proficiency in the hosting of virtual conference meetings (conference calls, WebEx, SKYPE, etc.).
Are you the one we are looking for?
We are looking for you with a strong attention to details and accuracy and a fact based approach to decisions. You are adaptable, with an ability to work on own initiative. When required you have no problems being reactive and flexible to current issues while driving the long-term resolution within the business. Some international travelling is required (up to 10%) and the interaction with sites in different time zones sometimes requires out of hours working.
What can Abbott offer you?
Working with us, you have a great opportunity to develop in a global company with high ambitions. For more than 130 years, we’ve adapted to an increasingly complex healthcare environment by keeping our focus where it belongs—on helping people achieve their best possible health, in all stages of life, around the world. And that’s a goal we’ll continue to pursue far into the future. You will experience myriad cultures, geographies, and technologies in Abbott. We have been widely regarded as an employer of choice, with numerous local and global awards recognizing our commitment to fostering an extraordinary workplace. In this particular position as a Master Data Specialist you will have a great opportunity to develop the role itself and also getting to know business stakeholders from all different parts of the organization both regionally and globally.
This recruitment is handled by our recruitment partner, Moveup Consulting AB. To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
We are looking forward to receiving your application (in English) as soon as possible or at the latest on the 10th of August 2020.
If you have questions regarding Abbott or this open position, please contact Tom at +46 (0)733 87 2722.
By submitting your application you also consent to us storing your personal data, including CV & personal letter and that we have the right to share this information with third parties (our client). You can revoke the consent whenever you want.
At Abbott, we’re committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we’ve brought new products and technologies to the world — in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals — that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, moren than 100 000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.