Key Account Manager
Prolacta Bioscience is a well-established fast-growing business in the US and a “start-up” in Europe, with presence in the UK, Ireland, Benelux, Germany, Austria and Switzerland. The organization is expanding their operations; with the aim to create a strong base in Europe, as well as extensive evidence for the market need and the impact of the products on patients.
This KAM role represents an opportunity to help establish Prolacta’s footprint in Europe and in Sweden – a country with great potential. Furthermore, the incumbent will have the chance to develop their career, as well as make a very significant impact to Prolacta.
Key Account Manager Sweden
Context to the position
Due to Prolacta’s growth ambitions and the interests of European customers regarding the benefits of using human milk for pre-term babies, Prolacta wants to hire a motivated medical sales professional to call on hospitals to sell Prolacta’s line of human milk products. Prolacta’s products are the only processed and safety screened human based milk products on the market.
This is an opportunity to help set the strategy for further market development in Sweden, to make a real difference and to leave a mark within this sector. The KAM will have the chance to set-up the activity within Sweden and to further grow with the company. The position is also responsible for maintaining current, detailed customer records including key account information and sales call results.
- Develop relationship with territory Key Opinion Leaders
- Develop and manage territory plans and client pipeline
- Meet and exceed sales budget for Prolacta’s sales product line in Sweden
- Build relationships with HCPs associated with hospital NICU’s and create partnerships with different actors within the decision process
- Identify and manage key accounts and potential customers; take accountability for account planning in order to obtain the best results
- Deliver customer focused service to further develop the relationship including but not limiting to in-servicing and training customer
- Keep track of the market knowledge (e.g. products, market, competitors, communication techniques) through participation to trainings and conducting regular self-studies
Professional Experience / Qualifications
- Hospital sales experience and demonstrated success selling value-added products
- Experience with complex clinical processes and settings
- Working understanding of reimbursement and payer landscape in Sweden
- Ability to understand and manage cost/benefits models
- Experience managing key accounts in hospital setting; NICU experience in HCP role and formularies experience is a plus
- Clinical nutrition experience is a bonus in the role
- Demonstrated ability to identify and develop new accounts and achieve sales targets
- Effective oral and written communication skills, alongside strong focus on both customers and patients
- Enthusiasm and poise required to introduce new product with high costs/high benefits vs. existing alternatives
- Ability to build positive working relationships, both internally and externally
- Energetic and passionate personality with an action oriented and fast paced work style, aiming to implement and achieve results
- Bachelor’s degree in business and/or sciences is an advantage
- Significant experience in a job-related function within medical device / nutrition market
- Degree in nutrition and / or NICU experience are not required but represent a strong added value
- Excellent knowledge of Swedish and English; knowledge of other languages is a plus
- Driver’s license B
- Willingness to travel
This recruitment is handled by our recruitment partner, Moveup Consulting AB.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
If you have questions regarding Prolacta Bioscience or this open position, please contact Annie at 0733-602984. We are screening applications continuously.
By submitting your application, you also consent to us storing your personal data, including CV & cover letter and that we have the right to share this information with third parties (our client). You can revoke the consent whenever you want.
Prolacta Bioscience is the pioneer in human milk-based nutritional products for premature infants in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). Prolacta believes that there is no adequate replacement for human breast milk and, as such, they believe infant nutritional products should be human milk based.
As a privately held, scientifically driven company, committed to improving premature infant nutrition, they are using human milk to change the standard of care in the NICU. Prolacta’s commitment to Advancing the Science of Human Milk® has led them to develop and offer the only liquid HMF (human milk fortifier) derived from 100% human milk, as opposed to other HMFs, which are derived from cow’s milk.
Their line of liquid human milk-based fortifiers, Prolact+ H2MF®, provide Very Low Birth Weight (VLBW) premature infants with the nutrition necessary to support appropriate growth and development. Prolacta’s human milk-based products have been formulated to deliver exact caloric and protein levels every time. These products are critical to premature infants in the NICU who require higher levels of protein and calories than can be provided by mothers’ milk alone.
From a clinical perspective, Prolacta can demonstrate healthcare savings, by reducing the average stay of a premature new-born in a NICU, as well as decreasing the likelihood of developing long term conditions.
Prolacta developed the first large scale human milk processing facility in the world. Using state-of-the-art formulation, pasteurization, and filling processes, they formulate human milk to an exact standard to meet the needs of very low birth weight babies during the first 30 days of life.
Prolacta is committed to supporting research in the study of human milk and premature infant nutrition to make a difference in the lives of the most fragile premature babies.