Innovation Manager Technology
Do you want to become a member in the newly created Innovation department developing brand new products on the market? Are you challenged by identifying new innovative opportunities from a technology point of view?
Then this role as Innovation Manager Technology at Swedish Match could be right for you.
Welcome with your application!
As an Innovation Manager Technology, you take the role as a project owner, initiating and steering innovation projects in line with the innovation strategy, division priorities and brand strategies. The purpose of this position is to drive the development of innovative products that attract consumers and to deliver brand-led, competitive innovations to the market.
You will report to the Director of Innovation Team – NEXT Generation, and the office is in central Gothenburg. You will be a part of a small cross-functional team with a big influence on the strategy, planning and development of future innovations that will add value for consumers globally.
- Develop Innovation strategy and Innovation plan that deliver on strategic objectives.
- Manage technology aspect of Innovation projects and act as the project owner.
- Drive cross-functional ideation processes and identification of innovation opportunities outgoing from consumer-, market and technical insights
- Defining relevant innovation territories for exploration and development of new solutions, considering both existing categories and possible category expansion
- Translation of consumer insights into technical requirements and connecting technical solutions with relevant consumer needs
- Responsible for co-operation with external technology partners, such as industry representatives, universities, and research institutes
- Ensuring insight in external and internal technology development
- Experience from innovation and product development in the FMCG industry sector or possibly other industry like pharmaceuticals, material development etc.
- Experience from project ownership and/or leading complex cross functional projects
- University degree MSc or equivalent within life sciences
- Pro-active, flexible and ability to take quick decisions
- Able to navigate in complex organizations and handle uncertainties
- Strong communicator with the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Fluent in English and Swedish, with excellent skills in both verbal and writing presentation
To be successful in your role you have a strategic and analytical mindset and have an open, and creative mindset that goes naturally from word to deed. It’s important to have a good understanding of commercial aspects of innovation and working efficiently in cross-functional organizations.
As part of this recruitment the final candidate will undergo a background check.
What can we offer you?
At Swedish Match, you get the chance to be part of a well-established and innovative company with high-quality products and well-known brands. At Swedish Match, we are convinced that a diverse workforce is positive for our business. Our continued goal is therefore to be an open and inclusive employer. In this environment, all employees have equal opportunities to reach their full potential regardless of personal characteristics. Swedish Match offers a hybrid working place and you will be able to work from home two days a week.
Join Swedish Match in our vision to create a World Without Cigarettes
Cigarette smoking shortens the life of just over 6 million people annually. By outperforming the deadly cigarette with attractive and far less harmful products that attract smokers, we can create a better world.
About Innovation Center
The IC is a new organization from the 1st of March this year. It is the result of a merge between the previous Central Marketing function and R&D. The overarching role and objective for the Innovation Centre is to develop competitive Innovations that support sustainable and profitable growth in line with Brand strategies and Division targets. By gathering certain functions under one roof, we believe we create the best prerequisites to achieve that.
In IC you will find three innovations teams (Snus, Nicotine Pouches and Next Generation), Product Management, Product & Technology Development, Brand & Insights, Patent and Innovation New Markets.
If you have questions regarding Swedish Match or this open position, please contact our recruitment partner at Moveup Consulting AB, Ann Rütt at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0733 – 44 09 00. We are looking forward to having your application, CV and cover letter, sent to email@example.com .
By submitting your application, you also consent to us storing your personal data, including CV & cover letter and the right to share this information with third parties (our client). You can revoke the consent whenever you want.
Swedish Match develops, manufactures, and sells quality products under market-leading brands in the product segments Smoke-free products, Cigars, and Lighting products. We are located in 11 countries with a total of 6733 employees.
The largest product segment is Non-smoking products which include nicotine pouches, snus, moist snuff and chewing tobacco with well-known brands like General, Göteborgs Rapé, One, XR, Ettan, Zyn, Volt and many more. With the vision of a world without cigarettes, the Group strives to contribute to improved public health by offering attractive alternatives to cigarettes with its smoke-free products.
Swedish Match promotes a culture where our employees are actively involved and operate based on the company’s core values – passion, ownership, innovation and quality. These values are constantly present in our daily work and guide us to perform as a winning team. www.swedishmatch.se