Head of Medical Affairs – Nordic region
Head of Medical Affairs – Nordic region
As a member of the Nordic Leadership Team you will lead and shape CSL Behring Nordic medical and scientific strategy and activities. You will provide leadership for three scientific advisors and medical expertise to ensure targeted development of new products and optimal scientific positioning and promotion of existing products.
As Head of Medical Affairs you are responsible for developing long-term health-care professional relationships. In this role you will seek advice and support education, work with scientific exchange, and research with respect to disease state and company’s products.
You will also contribute to the generation of real-world evidence such as company sponsored observational non-interventional studies and investigator-initiated studies. The Head of Medical Affairs owns the publication strategy and provides medical input into publication activities. You will identify unmet medical needs and reinforce the patient focus of all medical activities.
In this role you will collaborate closely with Market Access, Marketing, Regulatory and other relevant functions. You will identify unmet medical needs and reinforce the patient focus of all medical activities.
Your key accountabilities
- Responsible for contributing to the medical affairs strategy for assigned portfolio in alignment with overall therapeutic area objectives
- Lead a team of three scientific advisors
- Represents Medical Affairs Europe on global teams relevant to the assigned therapeutic areas/franchises (e.g. publication planning meetings, etc.), ensuring needs of the region are appropriately represented through due regional consultation and clear communication on outcomes.
- Supports coordination of investigator-initiated studies and research collaborations across EU, liaising with affiliate and global medical colleagues to ensure optimal management of the process for the relevant therapeutic area. Provides input into the design and implementation of CSL Behring sponsored projects for late stage and marketed products.
- Implements strategy for scientific interactions with the medical community including key opinion leaders and patient advocacy groups
- Evaluates trends and therapeutic opportunities in cooperation with research and regional commercial organizations
- Ensures high level of medical knowledge across Europe, through identifying and subsequently organizing appropriate training within the region.
- Serves as Compliance Officer and provides medical consultancy to marketing, commercial and research project teams, providing input into promotional and educational materials for relevant therapeutic areas
- Provides expert input to European level communications and materials e.g. value dossiers, scientific publications, Q&A documents, and other relevant communications for the relevant therapeutic areas.
- Supports the work stream for the development and implementation of global medical stakeholder plans with a clear focus on region Europe. Represents CSL Behring as a speaker and expert at congresses, round tables and other external venues.
- Medical doctor (MD), with or without clinical experience.
- At least 5 years of pharmaceutical industry experience in Medical Affairs.
- Prior experience in managing a team (clinical or industry team).
- Prior experience managing a team of medical experts (MSL/Medical advisors etc.).
- Experience with medical affairs across the Nordic Region.
- Thorough knowledge of products (areas such as Immunology, Neurology, Hematology, Thrombosis), conducting clinicals, and real world evidence generation desirable.
- Clinical experience is of value
- A team player
- High learning agility, flexibility and able to manage ambiguity
- Strategic agility as well as strong execution skills
- Inclusive leadership and ability to manage diverse team/stakeholders.
This position requires travel within the Nordic countries, and occasionally international travel, mostly within Europe. Candidate should be fluent in Swedish and English, knowledge of other Scandinavian language is of value.
We are looking forward to having your application, with a CV and Cover letter, sent to our recruitment partner Moveup Consulting at email@example.com
If you have any questions regarding CSL or this open position please contact Daniel Kremer at +46 (0)733 8727 24 or firstname.lastname@example.org
With operations in 35+ nations and ~ 27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL operates CSL Plasma, one of the world’s largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.