Global Product Manager, BAHS (Bone anchored hearing solutions)
Are you ready to make a difference for people with a severe hearing disability? Do you have a passion for bringing new customer-oriented solutions to the market? Do you have a can-do attitude and a strong commercial mindset?
Then we have an exciting opportunity for you at Oticon Medical in Göteborg, Sweden.
In your role as Global Product Manager BAHS, reporting to Director, Product Management & New business introductions, BAHS you will be driving the process of developing the right innovative implantable bone conduction hearing solutions for the future. You will take on the responsibility for developing the right solutions, taking them to the market in the most impactful way and maintain the portfolio in the marketplace. Expected business travelling some 40 days/year.
Why joining Oticon Medical!
Joining us, you will get the opportunity to work with something that matters! What we do makes an enormous difference for people, and we constantly strive to improve ourselves. This has led us to a point where we have a portfolio of top-of-the-line products, some of the best employees in the field and consequently a strong financial growth.
Being part of Demant Group, a global leader in hearing healthcare with more than 16500 employees in 130 countries, we have the power to make a difference globally and provide you with great personal development and career opportunities.
The role includes responsibilities described below.
- Gathering necessary insights by understanding end-users, customers and care provider structures, reimbursement systems as well as competitors’ offerings, and transform this into competitive experience requests
- Accountable for the bone anchored percutaneous implant & surgical systems product portfolio, including, surgical tools and accessories.
- Responsibility for the commercial success of implant range of products
- Represent product management in development projects to ensure the best and most relevant solutions for the customer and the market are delivered.
- Ensure product management input according to development processes
- Ensuring commercial input to the organisation
- Together with marketing communication ensure the right messaging and campaigns to support launch of new products
- Accountable for a competitive product portfolio in the marketplace
- Phase-out strategies
- Monitor delivered results and outcomes, provide business analysis and post-market surveillance
- Tender support to sales companies
- 3rd level product support to markets
The experience and skills needed to be successful in the role
For you to succeed in this position, we will require the following skills and experience:
- Commercial understanding of the medical device industry
- Experience from time spent in surgical operating theatres
- Technical flair for understanding complex surgical products
- Languages: English fluently and preferably Swedish
- University degree: Master or Bachelor in relevant area
- You need to be based in the Gothenburg area
You have an analytical mind-set, and with your experience from developing medical devices you can break down complex tasks and problems into manageable activities and priorities. You have a strong sense for what drives sales. On a personal level you are a team player who finds it inspiring to discuss challenges with colleagues, but who also can work alone, initiate and conduct tasks by yourself. You have a commercial approach, and you also acknowledge the development viewpoint and can be pragmatic and results oriented in your approach to get things done. You are experienced in both internal and external stakeholder management and find it easy to connect with colleagues and connections that work at a different location than yourself. You comfortable presenting in front of an audience.
Even in periods with thigh deadlines and multiple ongoing projects you keep calm and manage keeping track of both tasks and stakeholders.
Finally, yet importantly, your future colleagues can’t wait to benefit from your professional mind-set and never fading optimism.
Would you like to know more?
This recruitment is handled by our recruitment partner, Moveup Consulting AB. To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter in English or Swedish to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your application no later than 3 September. If you have questions regarding Oticon or this open position, please contact Tom at +46 (0)733 87 27 22.
We look forward to your application!
By submitting your application, you also consent to us storing your personal data, including CV & cover letter and that we have the right to share this information with third parties (our client). You can revoke the consent whenever you want.
Oticon Medical is a global company in implantable hearing solutions, dedicated to bringing the power of sound to people at every stage of life. As part of the Demant group, a global leader in hearing healthcare with more than 16,500 people in over 30 countries and users benefitting from our products and solutions in more than 130 countries, we have access to one of the world’s strongest research and development teams, the latest technological advances and insights into hearing care.
Our competencies span more than a century of innovations in sound processing and decades of pioneering experience in hearing implant technology. We work collaboratively with patients, physicians and hearing care professionals to ensure that every solution we create is designed with users’ needs in mind. We have a strong passion to provide innovative solutions and support that enhance quality of life and help people live full lives – now and in the future.
Because we know how much sound matters