Biolin Scientific is a leading Nordic instrumentation company with roots in Sweden and Finland. Biolin Scientific is a part of the Addlife group with more than 60 employees globally. We are now expanding our scientific team at Biolin Scientific R&D site in Gothenburg with an Application Scientist.
About the position
As an Application Scientist you will join, as a full-time team member, a multidisciplinary scientific team with tangible cross-functionality. To successfully advance projects, you will efficiently interact with stakeholders within the organization as well as outside the organization. The role requires effective communication to project representatives to provide for excellent guidance and support. The role will be laboratory based, although, national as well as international travel will be required. We offer competitive benefits including but not limited to, excellent health and retirement plans.
- Education at PhD level or M. Sc. with equivalent related experience.
- Good knowledge within surface chemistry
- Good knowledge with analytical chemistry
- Excellent computer literacy with significant experience in data handling and evaluation
- Excellent practical and theoretical knowledge of instrumental techniques and wet chemistry
- Independently plan, perform, compile and evaluate gathered data
- QMS project-based work experience from an industrial setting with associated sharp deadlines
- Unconditionally conform to company SHE standard and code of conduct
- Well oriented in sales and marketing processes
- Broad understanding of chemical and physical basis of surface interactions
- General technical skills within instrument set-up and control
- Knowledgeable in quartz crystal microbalance technology
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills ideally from an educational setting, recognized proficiency in teaching and mentorship
As a person you have a strong customer focus as well as strong team working skills. You are highly organised, have a strong attention to detail and a flexible and agile approach. You are a proactive thinker who can anticipate future issues and propose pragmatic solutions. To be successful in this role we believe it to be important to have a solid can-do attitude and mindset.
We look forward to your application!
This recruitment is handled by our recruitment partner, Moveup Consulting AB. To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions regarding Biolin Scientific or this open position, please contact Karin at +46 (0)733 – 44 09 00
By submitting your application, you also consent to us storing your personal data, including CV & cover letter and that we have the right to share this information with third parties (our client). You can revoke the consent whenever you want.
Biolin Scientific is a worldwide company making state of the art surface analysis instruments. Our customers include companies, academic and governmental research institutes working within the field of life science, energy, chemicals, and advanced materials development. With more than 20 years of experience, knowledge has become our greatest asset and is an essential part of everything we do. In collaboration with leading universities and industries we continuously pushing the frontiers of surface science technology.