Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. The company strives to transform and simplify care for people with life-threatening illnesses around the world. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
We are looking for a Therapeutic Specialist who will be responsible for an existing Liver Disease portfolio and coming launches in the area.
Responsibilities include but is not limitied to;
- Responsible for achieving coverage and frequency targets and consistently achieving sales targets in assigned territory.
- Represents Gilead’s products and services to a defined customer base within a specific geographic area.
- Utilizes a level of product and therapeutic disease working knowledge to promote the appropriate use of Gilead products to healthcare professionals.
- Prepares business plan for own territory, assigns targets and communicates required actions to achieve goals.
- With guidance, initiates systems to monitor sales progress and action plans. Prepares territory budgets for customer contacts, speaker events and other miscellaneous external expenditures.
- May work in collaboration with outside partner companies to co-promote products or services. May represent company at professional events and promote company products at such events.
- Works cooperatively with Medical Science Liaisons, National Account Managers, Marketing and other internal Gilead team members on various cross-functional projects related to specific accounts or physicians.
- Works as an individual contributor. Builds and extends business relationships with key customers or accounts.
- Assists in the identification and resolution of issues and opportunities, and communicates proactively to marketing and sales management.
- Completes necessary administrative tasks in a timely manner e.g. updating customer database, expenses, etc.
- Responsible for achieving the competency levels required in the role. Compliance with all regulatory agencies, state, and federal law is required.
- Has proven expertise in interpersonal and relationship-building skills, along with strong influencing and negotiating skills within the pharma industry.
- Has a working knowledge of relevant therapeutic area, a background in diabetes sales and a network with relevant stake holders in that area.
- Can speak to the pros and cons (overall goals of plan, cost vs. efficacy, dosing, duration, etc.) of a product protocol.
- Is able to identify rising issues / solutions / opportunities and is able to present / communicate arguments to management/marketing.
- Demonstrates solid analytical skills, able to identify and understand moderately complex issues and problems, and interpret information in a manner that provides appropriate recommendations to management and specialists.
- Is able to work in cross-functional teams.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with a general level of autonomy and independence.
- Proven expertise in interpersonal and relationship building skills is required.
Specific education and experience requirements:
Typical candidates will possess a BA or BS degree, and 4+ years of relevant sales experience within the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry.
Achievement of any mandatory country-specific pharmaceutical sales certifications is essential
You are living in or close to Stockholm.
Please send your application with CV in English to email@example.com asap.
By submitting your application you also give your consent to storing your personal information, including CV & Cover letter, and that we own the right to share this information with third parties (our client). You can withdraw the consent at any time.