About the company
St. Jude Medical is now Abbott
We’re combining our strengths, our shared passion to achieve and our ability to change lives for the better, expanding Abbott’s broad, market-leading portfolio of innovative medical devices, diagnostics, nutrition, and medicines.
For people around the world, the combination of Abbott and St. Jude Medical creates a medical device leader that offers breakthrough technologies that enable your doctor to choose the treatment that’s right for you so you can get back to living your life.
We are dedicated to helping hearts, minds and bodies. And, we’re doubling our commitment to help you be your best because the stronger we all are, the further we all can go.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To deliver market leading customer experience to customers by providing unrivalled support and service based upon intimate understanding of customer needs.
- This is a sales position where the individual is responsible for servicing the current customer base, increasing sales within that base and establishing new accounts.
- To support the strategic plans and activities directed by the National Sales Manager.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Achieve sales quota per plan by servicing the current customer base, increasing the sales volume to that base and establishing new accounts. Complexity is moderate.
- Has moderate authority to make sales commitments for assigned efforts and is accountable for results within established guidelines. May provide input to divisionwide sales standards, practices, procedures and policies and/or tenders.
- Implement comprehensive sales plans to ensure increased market penetration and establishing of new accounts.
- Develops and maintains a good understanding of Abbott’s therapy(ies) and product(s).
- Prepares reports and drafts initial conclusions/basic analysis; and performs required administrative sales duties, e.g., filing expense account reports, scheduling appointments, and making travel plans.
- Maintain business operations in accordance with corporate policies in respect to pricing, quotes, credit terms, expense reporting and Quality guidelines.
- Follow and share the best practices guidelines before and after the sales call.
- Develops knowledge/awareness of competition products. One signed paper copy and one electronic copy should be sent to the Human Resources department for filing – The job description should be reviewed annually.
- Act as Company ambassador at all times i.e. represent the Company in a professional manner and with highest integrity while interacting with customers and assigned institutions, physicians and technicians, customer purchasing and administration.
- Proactively plans weekly travel schedule and communicate this through the appropriate channels in his/her country/division
- Is responsible to comply with the H.C.P. guidelines.
- To gain specific knowledge of Abbotts’ CRM portfolio.
- To hold and support training opportunities within key accounts.
- Maintain thorough knowledge/awareness of competitive products.
As a successful candidate you have
- University Degree in Life Sciences or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of successful sales experience within Medical Device Industry or Pharma Industry.
- Experience in tender management.
- Well organized and accustomed to tight deadlines.
- Strong personal computer skills including MS Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Customer- and results- oriented, self-starter
- Good knowledge of English and Swedish, both written and verbal.
- Leadership, change agent, a ‘can-do’ attitude, persuasive, consultative, adaptable, results orientated, problem solver, flexible, competitive.
Residential area in the region, preferably Örebro or Skövde