Do you want to enjoy what you do – for real – every day? If the answer is yes, you think just like us. In our daily work, we create unique medical solutions to improve quality of life. We enjoy what we do because it makes a difference in people’s lives – for real. Mölnlycke is a world leading supplier of disposable products and solutions that help healthcare professionals achieve the best patient-related, clinical and financial outcomes. We design and deliver products and solutions for wound care, pressure ulcer prevention and surgery. Our products and solutions are cost-effective, which is supported by both clinical and health economic evidence. We are now expanding the business and have high ambitions for the future. Do you want to be part of this exciting journey?
We are now looking for a Senior Process Development Manager – End to end fulfilment
As a Senior Process Development Manager, you drive cross-functional process excellence within the end-to-end fulfilment processes (logistics & warehousing). Together with counterparts for planning and finance you take an active role in developing and improve global standards within logistic and warehousing. Standards and processes being re-used when setting up new flows, new distribution centres and ensure best practice being shared between the regions. We expect you to quickly grasp a view of the current as-is situation, and together with the management team of operations create a balanced roadmap supporting the operations strategy.
- Drive global standardization of fulfilment processes including the development and monitoring of related KPIs.
- Together with key stake holders establish governance processes to follow up on best practice being respected and deviations visualized.
- Identify sources of variability throughout our supply chain, and set out right counter measures.
- Act as end-to-end-fulfilment subject matter expert, supporting projects and change requests, direct questions to functional or process SME still ensuring the development of global standards being respected.
- Support and continually improve the development of end to end KPIs reflecting customer demand, customer experienced performance and supply chain responsiveness.
- Initiate and drive systematic problem solving when deviations occur;
- Standard not being followed
- Standard not correct
- Systems and tools not correct
- Processes of maintaining planning related master data
- Academic degree in engineering or business-related area
- Minimum 5-7 years in Operations /Supply chain/logistics, preferably in different environments
- Experience from implementing lean principles within logistics, warehouse management, material handling
- Experience of driving continuous improvements, including process/value stream mapping
- Experience in working with ERP, BI and/or APS systems
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Change management
- Operations management
To succeed in this position you have strong analytical- and strategic skills. You communicate efficiently with various stakeholders ((Global Logistics, IT, Manufacturing, Customer Care etc.) and you can easily handle changes and challenges. You also have a strong feeling of ownership and execution. Process mapping skills and project management experience are requested.
The position is full-time and based in Gothenburg. Closing date for applications is 30 October.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Contact Tom Bergqvist, Recruitment Partner, In-house Recruitment Services at + 46 733 872722 if you have any questions regarding this position.
We look forward to receiving your application!