Medfield Diagnostics AB was founded in 2005 by Professor Mikael Persson and Assisting Professor Andreas Fhager. Promising research of microwave technology at Chalmers University of Technology, division of Signal Processing and Biomedical Engineering, needed further development and commercialization.
The development is ongoing; validating the concept, conducting clinical trials, building knowledge about the customers and preparing the organization for the commercialization of the product.
Treatment of stroke and head trauma patients need to be initiated within few hours after onset, and when the diagnose has been ensured qualified treatment can be given to the patient. Today, too few stroke and trauma victims are eligible for adequate treatment due to delayed diagnosis. By streamlining pre-hospital stroke and trauma management and reducing time to diagnosis the clinical outcome of stroke and trauma will improve dramatically.
As part of our expansion we are looking to recruit a Medical/Clinical Director.
As a member of the management team you will have a global responsibility for all aspects of medical/clinical aspects of products, training & education and regulatory issues. You will participate in providing the strategic direction for the company.
Being a small but expanding company the diversity of tasks is significant in this position.
Your key accountabilities
- Provide medical/clinical input and feedback to R&D and business development
- Establish and maintain good contacts with KOL-network and government agencies
- Facilitate medical advice to customers and notified bodies
- Manage and provide support for clinical research related to our business and objectives
- Provide study protocols, study reports, applications to ethics committees and medical products agencies
- Medical assessment in the vigilance process of complaint handling and incident reporting to authorities
- Assist QA in any medically related issues
- Monitor and analyse scientific publications related to the company, its products and impact on our business
- Develop medical marketing specific materials
- Review of marketing claims in promotional and educational materials
- Provide clinical training and education, and other forms of clinical support to customers and health care providers
- Medical training / Minimum bachelor’s degree (Nursing degree)
- At least five years of experience from leading positions within health care, medtech and/or pharma
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures.
- Strong communication skills
To be successful in this position you have a strong customer focus and leadership skills. A capability to understand, interpret and communicate scientific information is essential.
To apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to Tom Bergqvist, recruitment consultant as soon as possible but no later than 25 May.