Affibody is a clinical stage Swedish biotech company focused on developing next generation biopharmaceuticals based on its unique proprietary technology platforms: Affibody® molecules and Albumod™.
The company operates a focused innovative medicines model and currently has three clinical proprietary programs. The first two are therapeutic programs that target psoriasis, and B-cell driven autoimmune diseases. The third program is a diagnostic imaging program that is directed primarily towards metastatic breast cancer.
In addition to its portfolio of innovative drug projects the company offers the half-life extension technology, Albumod™, for outlicensing.
Affibody has ongoing commercial relationships with several companies such as AbClon, Alexion ,Biotest, Daewoong, Daiichi Sankyo, GE Healthcare, and Swedish Orphan Biovitrum.
Affibody is currently offering a very exciting possibility to join their journey, as Medical Programme Director (MPD).
The Clinical Development Department is involved in the drug development process from preparation of Phase I through all phases to the market. Affibody has entered in a co-development agreement with Alexion for this project and the MPD will be an Affibody representative in the JDC (Joint Development Committee). The MPD is a key member of the project team and also a member of the Asset Team. The MPD reports to the Head of Clinical Development
More about the co-development agreement here;
The MPD will be responsible for the medical and clinical development components of the clinical programmes from the clinical/scientific and strategic perspective. This task includes being knowledgeable of competitive product development in the field as well as seeking scientific updates (e.g. conferences) on advances in biology. He/she will contribute to and review clinical key documents such as CDP’s, IB’s, protocols, reports and clinical parts of key TPPs and IMPDs.
The Medical Programme Director will have the overall medical responsibility in a project / program. He/she will ensure an appropriate and continuous medical risk/benefit assessment and will execute a balanced strategy to minimize risk while pursuing an innovative and science based clinical development.
The successful candidate will use his/her experience in identifying and coordinating contacts with external experts and key opinion leaders in the relevant therapeutic areas and will be an Affibody ambassador. The Medical Programme Director will support and contribute to the overall project deliverables.
As a successful candidate; you have the below competencies;
- Medical Doctor / Physician with substantial experience in pharmaceutical drug development
- Experience in drug development, preferably all phases from early phases to commercialisation
- Experience in development of biologicals is a plus
- Proven track record of working in small start-ups or in biotech companies, not only big pharma
- Ability to write, read, adequately interpret, condense and present scientific data and papers and medical literature
- Experience in working in project teams, including external parties like co -development partners, agencies and KOLs, delivering results timely
- Self going, creative and solution oriented person
- Curious, and open to work in an entrepreneurial and growing organization, where ownership and own drive is of greatest importance.
Must be excellent in English, orally and written skills
The position is office based at the Affibody HQ in Stockholm.
To apply, please send your CV and letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible!
Genom att skicka din ansökan ger du också ditt samtycke till att vi lagrar dina personuppgifter, inklusive CV & personligt brev samt att vi äger rättigheten att dela dessa uppgifter med tredje part (vår uppdragsgivare). Samtycket kan du återkalla när du vill.