Kyowa Hakko Kirin is a Japanese research-based life sciences company with special strengths in biotechnology. We are opening up the path toward the development of new biologics, and developing new medicines to meet medical needs that are currently not being satisfied by existing pharmaceuticals. We are approximately 8000 employees world-wide.
In the Nordic & Baltic region, we are 26 employees and work within a fast-moving and dynamic environment. Currently, we are looking to strengthen our organisation with a
Medical Manager Nordics & Baltics.
The Medical Manager will be responsible to develop and lead the Medical department in the Nordic/Baltic region. This includes leading and have an overall responsibility over medical activities in the Nordic/Baltic region related to the company’s marketed and pre-launch product portfolio, with overall leadership of medical and scientific input into the strategy, tactics and operations associated with the company’s products. The Medical Manager will be therapy area expert and is key to enhancing and communicating complex cutting edge scientific information and research concepts of diseases supported by the Kyowa Kirin`s portfolio. The Medial Manager will also manage and be responsible for the Medical activities in Sweden as well when applicable.
Key Responsibilities for this position:
• Lead and manage the Medical Affairs function for the Nordic/Baltic region
• Create and implement a Nordic/Baltic Medical Strategic Plan
• To manage and be responsible for the Medical activities in Sweden where applicable.
• Design, implementation and delegation of clinical trials based on the brand strategy according to the Business and Medical Strategic Plan
• To develop and implement Investigator Sponsored Studies purposed by Health Care Professionals interested in products and/or therapy areas
• Local support to International Medical Affairs for planning and implementation of International Investigator Sponsored Studies where applicable
• Provide medical expertise for, and participate in, Advisory Boards involving external healthcare professionals
• Management and dissemination of Kyowa Kirin`s Medical Information internally/externally. Act as point of reference on medical issues for Kyowa Kirin products for the Nordic/Baltic region
• Work in cooperation with Regulatory, Quality Assurance, local Marketing and Commercial, International Medical Affairs and International Marketing to develop strategic plans for the business
• Work with commercial colleagues to establish or enhance partnerships with key academic institutions and develop professional relationships with Key Opinion Leaders
• Contribute to life cycle management for Kyowa Kirin`s portfolio
• Provide medical, scientific and technical approval of promotional material and activities in accordance with relevant laws, regulations, and codes of practice
• Plan and provide support and advice to sales teams. Plan and provide disease/product training for the commercial team in the Nordic/Baltic. Plan and provide education and training for external customers
• Contribute with medical expertise to support due diligence and in-licensing
• Contribute to submissions for health economic assessments where applicable
Localisation of position:
• Kista, Stockholm
• Medically qualified, ideally with some post-graduate qualification or specialization (preferably physician and/or PhD), and with significant relevant experience in Medical Affairs
• At least 3 years of experience within the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries
• Sound understanding of the Nordic medical and commercial environment.
• Knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements as applied to product promotion, safety surveillance, and product development
• Proven ability in collaborating with commercial functions
• Well-developed management and leadership skills
• Highly flexible and able to operate effectively in a fast-moving, dynamic environment
• Self-motivated and goal orientated, capable of multi-tasking and delivering results in a timely fashion
• Willing to travel within the Nordic/Baltic region and overseas as required
• High degree of emotional intelligence
If interested in the position, please e-mail your CV and cover letter to email@example.com as soon as possible.
Don’t hesitate to contact Daniel Kremer at mobile +46 (0)733 – 87 27 24 if you have any questions.
We look forward to receiving your application