Does helping to make life better for millions of people motivate you?
If the answer is yes, you think just like us. In our daily work, we create unique medical solutions to improve quality of life. We enjoy what we do because it makes a difference in people’s lives – for real. Although we’re a global company, we’re still small enough for you to make your mark. Our leaders are accessible and trust us to make the right decisions. As a Mölnlycke employee, you’ll thrive when you take on the responsibility.
We are now looking for an Environmental Specialist to play a critical role in our corporate EHS team.
Environmental management is a core part of our corporate management system. At a global level, we develop strategies, policies and objectives to ensure compliance and continuous improvement. At a local level, all our sites are responsible for complying with environmental legislation, implementing the company policy, meeting our environmental objectives and other relevant compliance obligations.
As an Environmental Specialist you support product development projects to identify and fulfil relevant environmental compliance obligations, you participate in our internal ISO 14001 audit program, and support also our manufacturing, procurement and marketing & sales organisation in the environmental area. Furthermore, you support the development and implementation of environmental strategies and action plans. In certain areas like e.g. environmental performance measurement and analysis you will act as back-up to existing corporate EHS team functions.
• Support product development projects to fulfil relevant environmental compliance obligations
• Monitor relevant existing and proposed Swedish, EU and international regulations and legislation
• Maintain knowledge about applicable environmental laws and requirements in the organisation
• Support global environmental improvement projects/tasks
• Conduct and document environmental audits according to internal audit program
• As a back-up function, analyse and report global environmental performance, review data required for performance monitoring
• Develop and support implementation of the environmental part of our integrated management system
• Support identification and implementation of ISO14001 related activities necessary to maintain our ISO14001 certificate
• Support different departments in the fulfilment of legal, external and internal environmental requirements to ensure that environmental impacts are identified, documented as required and part of continuous improvement work
• Provide relevant managers and employees throughout the organisation with expert environmental advice and support
• Academic degree (MSc) within a relevant content, preferred environmental-chemical, chemical, technical-chemical
• Knowledge of relevant local Swedish, EU and advantageously also international regulatory and legal requirements, experience from REACH related work
• Minimum 7-10 years of working experience as an environmental specialist or equal, preferably within product development / procurement / medical health care sector / development projects
• Experience from onsite environmental inspections and environmental audits
• Lead auditor ISO 14001 meritorious
• Experience of working in a global context and participation in environmental continuous improvement projects
• Experience from development and operating an environmental management system accredited to ISO14001 for a large organisation
• Experience from analytical, statistical work
The candidate we are looking for possesses really strong communication and networking skills and is fluent in English. To succeed as an Environmental specialist you must be good at prioritizing and you feel comfortable deciding when performance is “good enough” and compliant.
The position is full-time and based in Gothenburg. Closing date for applications is 16 October.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Tom Bergqvist, Recruitment Partner, In-house Recruitment Services at email@example.com or + 46 733 872722 if you have any questions regarding this position.
We look forward to receiving your application.