In the Nordic & Baltic region, we are 32 employees and work within a fast-moving and dynamic environment. Kyowa Kirin is currently establishing itself with new products in the rare disease area, such as X-Linked Hypophosphatemia as well as Cutaneous T-cell Lymphoma (CTCL). Soon launching in CTCL, we are currently looking to strengthen our organisation with a
Commercial Rare Disease Advisor Sweden & Norway
The Rare Disease Advisor will represent Kyowa Kirin and ensure high levels of visibility and customer satisfaction. You will develop and implement effective disease and diagnostic education awareness programs, as well as identify, establish and maintain professional relationships and dialogues with local, regional, national and allied healthcare professionals. The Rare Disease Advisor be an expert lead in the therapeutic area to communicate complex cutting edge product information to healthcare professionals. You will create a positive regional environment to ensure patients are able to access products following launch using local market access networks and health economics. The position reports to Business Unit Director Nordics & Baltics.
Key Responsibilities for this position:
• To develop and implement KOL engagement plans in alignment with the Corporate Communication and Brand plans.
• To identify, develop and engage external and internal stakeholders involved in CTCL, including key treatment centres, clinicians managing CTCL patients, mapping of centres of expertise and medical experts in the area in collaboration with Medical.
• To support Market Access implementing regional procedures.
• Implements educational and disease awareness plans in accordance with written guidelines and processes, using approved educational resources and tools.
• To develop and maintain strong in-depth clinical, technical and scientific knowledge from a commercial perspective.
• To create and develop disease & diagnosis awareness programs.
• To identify unmet needs in disease management and to support initiatives to work in partnership with clinicians involved in CTCL to provide a solution.
• Ability to negotiate with Hospital Pharmacy and other stakeholders at local/regional level in terms of pharma economic data.
• Responsible for meeting with Drug committees and decision makers at local levels.
• Tracks activities and submits reports on disease awareness educational activities accurately & on-time.
• Collects non-identifiable data about symptoms and other data relevant to understand the disease in compliance with written guidelines.
• Timely and accurate feeding of the CRM system and submitting of managerial reports.
• To implement policies for managed entry of new drugs.
• To attend local and international meetings to update knowledge and develop relationships.
• Proactively interacts with Management team to refine disease awareness initiatives with an annual action plan with a regular follow up.
• Works closely with Medical Affairs team to ensure appropriate communication of medical and scientific information and response to requests for information from Healthcare Professionals in compliance with written guidelines and processes.
• To develop disease management strategies in conjunction with Marketing and Medical departments.
Localisation of position:
• Stockholm, Malmö, Göteborg or Oslo – field based
• Degree in life science (preferred) or business/marketing
• Advanced or Master’s degree (preferred)
• Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical industry experience within sales of RX products
• Preferred working experience in orphan/ultra-orphan therapy areas
• In-depth knowledge of local, regional and national decision making bodies and formulary application processes in the orphan or ultra-orphan area
• Ability to work effectively independently and in an interdependent environment
• Recent experience in launching a biopharmaceutical (preferred)
• Ability to gain consistent access & develop strong, professional relationships for scientific exchange with healthcare professionals
• Strong network of customer relationships
• Literate of computer / e – devices and reporting tools
• High English level
• Extensive experience in Sales Operations/project management
• Track record of successful cross functional team working
• Track record of successful project management
If interested in the position, please e-mail your CV and cover letter to
How your information will be used
In order to progress your application, for administrative purposes we will record, keep, and hold the personal data which you have provided in this application form stored in our Human Resources files. Your data will not be transferred to any third parties outside of our group companies. Your personal data may be stored outside of the EEA for the purposes of processing your application, for example because our applications system, Greenhouse, is hosted in the USA. If we do store your personal information outside of the EEA, we will do so using one of the adequate safeguards permitted by regulators for transfers of personal data outside of the EEA, for example we may use the appropriate safeguard of the model contractual clauses approved by regulators.
If your application is successful, we will hold this data as part of your employee record and you will be provided with a copy of our Employee Privacy Notice. In the event that your application is unsuccessful, we will hold the application form and the data contained in it for six months in case of a future vacancy which we may invite you to apply for and for the establishment, exercise or defence of any legal claims. After six months we will delete you application form, the data contained within it and any other personal data that you may have provided to us.
Please see our Privacy Notice for further information on how we process your personal data, including how we keep your personal data secure and your rights; http://www.international.kyowa-kirin.com/se/extern-personuppgiftspolicy.html. If you have any questions about our use of your data, please contact us by email at KKIDPOoffice@kyowakirin.com.