Abbott Toxicology Nordics is now looking for a Commercial Director (CD) who will be responsible for leading and managing a team of commercial and operational professionals selling and growing the Toxicology (Tox) portfolio of existing products, services, as well as for the launch of new products and services into established and developing markets. This position will also establish relationships at all involved levels of relevant Tox markets in the Nordics, and is based out of Stockholm.
The CD will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with other areas of Abbott to support their connectivity needs in selling Abbott products. The CD will also develop and maintain relationships with vendor partners. The CD will develop a system of “best practice” processes, which includes selling tools, proof sources and customer support initiatives which will build customer acceptance and retention.
This role will work collaboratively with their co-workers in the other EME regions and when needed international and also representing of Tox businesses when in relation with other Abbott Global business units (GBU).
You will be based in the Abbott office in Kista, Stockholm
Main responsibilities and duties
New Business Development
• Lead, manage, inspire and drive the commercial team to grow existing business and revenue at a rate detailed by the annual sales and compensation plan. Through personal interaction and commercial team leadership, develop new business opportunities, serving as the expert business and technical person for Tox products and services.
• Working with the VP of International and Abbott Marketing partners, identify and develop new processes and tools to accelerate growth in the region.
• As the commercial leader, work with sales management and business development leaders to analyze territories for account opportunities; develop and implement creative and well-defined strategy to increase market penetration to generate endorsement and approval by the various key opinion leaders.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key and influential thought leaders and institutions to generate sales of both new and existing products.
• Continually identify and sets priorities for key account opportunities in the various market segments for account revenue growth.
Business Management and Administrative
• Lead entire Nordic Tox team of commercial and operations professionals maintaining customer focus and best practice team leadership.
• Strong ability to analyze, develop, and execute a commercial team territory plans.
• Create and manage a sales plan for targeted products, applying all sales tools to achieve financial goals.
• Develop technical expertise as well as being a resource for current market dynamics (financial environment, current reimbursement rates, government spend on Tox services and market trends.)
• Maintain, approve and submit personal and team expenses within established guidelines.
• Develop and submit sales reports, expense reports, forecasts and any other required documents or reports as requested. Must actively participle in utilizing Salesforce.com (CRM.)
• Responsive to customer requests
• Demonstrates commitment to the development, implementation and effectiveness of the business Quality Management System per ISO, FDA and other regulatory agencies.
• Understands and is aware of the quality consequences which may occur from the improper performance of their specific job. Has awareness of device defects that may occur in their area of responsibility, including product design, verification and validation, manufacturing and testing activities.
• Obtain certification within the Vendor Credentialing requirements by being in compliance with current immunizations, required training, background checks and competency assessments.
• Full P&L responsibility for all Tox Business in the Nordics
• Perform other duty & projects as assigned.
General Management responsibilities
• Tox Nordics has a fully owned Tox entity in Sweden (EDTS) and the CD is expected to ensure that all functionality that is a required of a legal entity are met. This means collaboration with HR, Finance, Shared Services and other GBU’s to ensure business functionality.
• In Norway, Denmark and Finland the Tox entities are shared with other GBUs but they are not owned by Tox.
• Cross functional/cross business unit collaboration with a high degree of positive, solution orientation is required.
Key Attributes and Success Competencies
Organizational Agility – Knowledgeable about how organizations work; knows how to get things done through formal channels and informal network; understands the cultures of organizations.
Managing Vision and Purpose – Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; talks beyond today; talks about possibilities; is optimistic; makes the vision shareable by everyone; can inspire and motivate entire units or organizations
Political Savvy – Can maneuver through complex political situations effectively; is sensitive to how people and organizations function; anticipates where the landmines are and plans approach accordingly.
Negotiating – Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; settle differences with minimal noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; has a good sense of timing.
Planning – Sets objectives and goals; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
Change Leadership / Driving Change – Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; open to change.
Business Acumen – Knows how businesses work; knows the competition; is aware of how strategy and tactics work in the marketplace.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Business. Medical, Laboratory or Toxicology industry experience preferred.
• Significant successful field-based sales management experience within medical device, diagnostics, or other health care sales experience.
• Prior experience of running a full P&L is preferred.
• Demonstrated expertise in price – value contract negotiations.
• Thorough understanding of financial dynamics (pricing, return on investment, contract management and additional cost justification).
• Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
• Ability and flexibility to travel and work with customers and partners throughout the assigned geographical territory. Overnight travel as necessary to complete business requirements. Minimum 50% travel.
• Knowledge of sales process for tangible products, which includes extensive experience in cold calling.
• Ability to operate independently without frequent supervision or guidance.
• Personal attributes to enable success in a dynamic organization: work ethic, persistence, tenacity, creativity, confidence, positive attitude, energy, team player, customer focus, resilience, stress tolerance, problem solving, flexibility, persuasiveness and the ability to take risks.
• Ability to rapidly adapt to fluid product line changes.
• Strong computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• An interest in IT/digital solutions within health care is valuable.
• Fluent in spoken and written Swedish and English
Interested in this position?
Responsible for recruitment of this position is Daniel Kremer at Moveup Consulting. You can reach him under 0733-872724 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions you may have.
For application, please send your CV in English to email@example.com
We will handle applications continuously and look forward to receiving your application!
By submitting your application you also give your consent to storing your personal information, including CV & Cover letter, and that we own the right to share this information with third parties (our client). You can withdraw the consent at any time.