In the Nordic & Baltic region, we are 26 employees and work within a fast-moving and dynamic environment. Kyowa Kirin is currently about the establish itself with new products in the rare disease area, such as X-Linked Hypophosphatemia as well as haematology. Currently, we are looking to strengthen our organisation with a
Business Unit Director Rare Disease Nordics & Baltics.
The BUD will be responsible for providing strategic and operational direction and leadership to the Sales, Medical, Market Access and Marketing for the dedicated Business Unit (BU) in the Nordics and Baltics and associated cross functional international teams. Key responsibilities include establishing and driving local product strategies in pre and post approval periods and plan to maximize the benefit to patients and customers and to optimize the value of products for Kyowa Kirin. The BUD is accountable for delivery of agreed product metrics, including the commercial P&L and financial KPIs.
Key Responsibilities for this position:
• Responsible for setting a compelling vision, defining the BU strategy, providing leadership and ensuring execution of brand and key account plans to achieve the assigned goals
• Lead the BU team members and cross functional teams to deliver a superior patient experience, exceed expectations of key customers and become best-in-class in rare disease
• Develop and maintain excellent relationships with key customers including key opinion leaders, Patient Advocacy groups etc.
• Manage, motivate and develop business unit to perform at a high level and to deliver exceptional customer centric service
• Develop a local rare disease strategy that is aligned to the international strategy working in close co-operation across the organization (other EU BU heads, international medical, international marketing, market access teams, business support etc.)
• Ensure implementation of cross-functional commercial plans within and outside of the business unit
• Expand products/markets using innovative commercial programs and high quality education programs for healthcare stakeholders
• Is responsible for sound commercial strategies to ensure successful performance.
• Support the development of comprehensive high value patient support programs to ensure that those treated with Kyowa Kirin products receive the best care possible.
• Lead the development of country-level forecasts for all BU marketed products (and pipeline products as relevant)
• Work closely with other BU heads across Europe
Localisation of position:
• Nordics – field based
• Degree in life science or equivalent
• Extensive experience in pharmaceutical (ethical) company of which significant number of years in leadership position
• Significant experience and track record of success in Sales management and brand/product management – experience in BU management (preferred)
• Significant experience in designated therapeutic area/rare diseases (strongly preferred), alternatively, demonstrated success in changing from one therapeutic area to another
• Proven track record in launching products
• Proven track record of collective ambition
• Knowledge of local pricing and re-imbursement
• Successful track record of hiring, developing and retaining talent / direct reports
• Intrinsically motivated, results oriented, achievement focused, displaying a ‘can-do’ attitude and being self-aware
• Successful P&L management / budget management
• Formulating and implementing effective marketing and sales strategies
• Effectively working with cross-functional teams
• Successful evidence of developing business cases to recommend and rationalize investments and other strategic actions
• Track record of identifying growth opportunities for a given product and driving an organization to capture value
• Ability to leverage knowledge of marketplace, competitor landscape and economic forces and translate them into clear short term and long term strategies
• Fluent in at least one written and spoken local language as well as English
• Highly competent with PC (Word, Outlook, Excel, Power point) and CRM systems
If interested in the position, please e-mail your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Don’t hesitate to contact Daniel Kremer at mobile +46 (0)733 – 87 27 24 if you have any questions.
We look forward to receiving your application