We care about making people better – those we work for, and those we work with. And we prove it every day.
In our daily work, we create unique medical solutions to improve quality of life. We enjoy what we do because it makes a difference in people’s lives – for real. But without the right business-critical IT applications, infrastructure and support, we can’t do it.
Although we’re a global company, we’re still small enough for you to make your mark. Our leaders are accessible and trust us to make the right decisions. As a Mölnlycke employee, you’ll thrive when you take on the responsibility.
We’re now looking for a Solution Architect to play a critical role in our IT Organisation. What makes you stand out is you see the “big picture”, have a passion for solution architecture, coupled with your ability to listen to customers and respond with appropriate urgency.
IT is a vital component in our business and we utilize technology and our data and information to deliver new digital services. In the development of these services the Solution architect is critical role. As a Solution Architect, you will lead and deliver architecture-related activities for in-house developed and bought solutions. You define and drive the establishment of a holistic solution architectures, taking into consideration business needs and processes, information flows, and application characteristics; as well as the underlying technical infrastructure. You are the technical focal point in our Mölnlycke IT projects.
Your role and your responsibilities
- Design stable and future-proof IT solutions to deliver business benefits for Mölnlycke
- Translating business requirements into architectural approaches and solutions by designing overarching system and solution architecture, system integration and realisation plans
- Define the appropriate solution roadmap defining the transition from baseline architecture to target architecture
- Leading implementation of evaluation, design and realisation planning
- Providing sound and confident technical and architectural leadership to multi-functional software development teams based on architecture standards and guidelines
- Ensure solution alignment with business and IT strategies
- Balance and document trade-offs between project goals and architectural goals (i.e. the technical debt)
- Identify and articulate architectural and technical risks
- Clearly articulate the target architecture (i.e. the future state of the IT landscape after the full implementation of a solution)
- Support, prepare, and participate in architecture governance activities for specific solutions
- Contribute to a continuous improvement of architecture processes and solution candidates
- University degree in Computer Science/Information Technology.
- At least 3-4 years of relevant experience in architecting complex, cross-functional IT solutions (including, but not limited to integration of COTS solutions and SaaS solutions)
- Experience of architecture activities in procurement and implementation of enterprise solutions
- Experience of different project delivery models including agile methodologies
- Strong analytical and logical skills
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to guide, negotiate and build consensus amongst software developers
- Proven ability to lead, develop and implement technology architectures and solution frameworks in a complex business and technical environment
- Understanding and experience in utilising visual documentation languages (such as UML etc.) and database design
You have comprehensive knowledge of solution architecture, solution design and systems thinking. You possess essential knowledge of all architecture domain and associated methodologies i.e. business architecture, information architecture, application architecture and infrastructure architecture.
You also possess good communication, visualisation and collaboration skills in addition to being a solid team player.
You are curious and interested in new approaches but at the same time you are delivery focused
The position is full-time and based at our global headquarters in Gothenburg.
If you’d like to join Mölnlycke and help us make a difference, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 18 December.
Please contact Tom Bergqvist, Recruitment Partner, In-house Recruitment Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or +46 733 87 27 22 if you have any questions regarding this position.
Mölnlycke processes your information for the purpose of considering your application for a position. Please ensure that you have read the our job applicant privacy notice before submitting your resume to us.