Stena Line is an international company with business and employees in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Germany, Poland, Netherlands, Latvia, Lithuania, United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland. With over 5 200 employees, Stena Line is one of the largest ferry companies in the world and throughout our business regions, all employees are being brought together by our vision: “Connecting Europe for a Sustainable Future”.
At Stena Line, care is crucial to our business and is an important part of our corporate culture. Everything we do shows that we care, and this is emphasized in our core values: “We deliver efficiency and sustainability through care – care for our customers, care for resources, care for each other.”
Stena Line has a route-based organisation and the head office is located in Gothenburg.
Last year Stena Line transported approximately 7,3 million passengers, 1,6 million cars and 2 million freight units.
“With great IoT comes great responsibility”
Did you get the reference? Did you? You know, Spiderman? The Marvel movie. If you did get it, then we should meet up. You either have a very dry “gothenburgian” sense of humour or you are a sci-fi fan.
At Stena Line, we are in the midst of transforming the company to be the first cognitive ferry operator in the world. And we need people with the “can do spirit” to help us achieve this ambitious goal. We are talking about people who actually believe teleportation could happen. That’s the kind of people we want!
For us, Artificial Intelligence is the new electricity, so we view it as a foundation for success moving forward. We are now looking to strengthen the Digital Innovations team with superstars within the IoT space, people who understand that predictive maintenance is not innovation, it’s more of a commodity these days.
We offer possibly the greatest challenge in your career as well as a working environment that is not focused on making sure everyone clocks in at 8 am. We rather chase goals together! Not hours!
So, if this is you:
- IoT experience and curiosity in the IoT field in general, particularly within heavy industries (transportation, shipping, manufacturing etc)
- Management leading skills (new kind of “leading with context, not control” type of skills)
- Tech nerd that loves reading up on the new stuff
- Understand artificial intelligence and how to derive business value from it (no need to be a super duper mathematical professor, simply understand what it can do to help us become more efficient)
- Developer background. You should understand technology and preferably have worked as a developer (backend/frontend/database/system architecture) for a few years
- Making shit happen and not easily put of just because “something is impossible”. The impossible simply takes longer time to achieve.
The position is full-time and based in Gothenburg.
Applications will be handled continuously. Please apply to email@example.com
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Tom Bergqvist at + 46 (0)733 – 87 27 22.
May the force be with you
So say we all